Comments

1. says:

January 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm

There’s always Monday!

My husband had high triglycerides and had to essentially give up sugar, and I was shocked at the amount of sugar in a lot of prepared goods (i.e., pasta sauce). I make most things from scratch and watch the sugar – for him. For me, I still enjoy the occasional chocolate.

Funny thing is after years of very little sugar, when he DOES have sugar he feels like utter crap, headachy, etc. I guess it’s just what you get used to.

2. says:

January 28, 2013 at 1:36 pm

This is why I do not make resolutions. That said, I have a fabulous pancake recipe that has no added sugar in it. Sweeten it with some apples or applesauce and you’re good to go.

3. says:

January 28, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Man, giving up sugar is so hard! Good for you that you did it at all. 4 weeks is a long time! And now you can see that for sure it is an addiction, because you totally binged, right? Still: good for you to do it at all.

And: that coffee cake is totally my downfall. Sooooo good!!!

4. says:

January 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Wow Rebecca! Congratulations for staying free for as long as you have ~ that is amazing!!! I go for about a week at best and then I’m scouring the cupboards …. looking for something! I quit baking from about September through to December just so there wouldn’t be anthing tempting around. I can easily pass on storebought treats. Then Christmas hit & I had to bake & havent’t really gotten off it again. Tomorrow’s another day, eh?

5. MMM says:

January 29, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I must confess. I am a mistress of the marshmallow man.

I would never even try to give up all but natural sugars so kudos to you for lasting an entire month!

6. says:

February 6, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I’m way more of a salt girl than a sugar girl….I don’t even like chocolate (what is wrong with me??) so I feel like giving up sugar wouldn’t be that hard on me. But I know it would, not being able to have granola and yogurt just seems so wrong. But if someone asked me to give up chips? Pretzels? Crackers? And God forbid cheese – I just could’t do it. Good luck!

• rebecca says:

February 6, 2013 at 3:47 pm

It’s crazy because I never had a sweet tooth at all before I had kids. And who would ever give up cheese?! Quelle horreur!