Comments Closed

1. Michelle says:

February 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Just take a couple more pictures of the kids and hopefully they’ll jog your memory so that you don’t feel as if you’ve missed anything. Every mother feels like you do, not many are honest enough to admit it in writing:)

• rebecca says:

February 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm

You’re right. I’m sure we all feel this way at times. What I really need to do is print up some pictures! There’s no replacement for flipping through an actual photo album.

2. says:

February 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Yup. I saw a quote recently that talked about not spending so much time looking back, or wishing time away, but just enjoying the stages your children are in now. I need to do more of that. Babyhood was hard for me, but now that they are 5 and 8, it seems like forever ago. And I miss it now that it’s gone, and try to remember that when I start thinking “when will they…” do this or that? I can almost see how some women get baby-fever (almost!)

• rebecca says:

February 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Yes, I can see how having another one seems like the solution. But of course then you have even more on your plate and a whole other person to feel guilty about.

3. Jennifer says:

February 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I’m in the opposite place–I feel so keenly the minutes and days slipping by.
    Maybe it’s because my daughter is still, at seven months, so young.
    Maybe it’s because she’s my first and (so far) only child.
    Maybe it’s because now, turning 39, I’m acquainted with the acceleration of time in a way you can only be on the cusp of 40!
    But I feel like I tear up a little every day as I see her developing, learning, growing, and moving from one stage to the next. I’m tearing up as I write this!

• rebecca says:

February 6, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Oh, Jennifer. I was totally in tears by the end of this post! I think we have to remember that it keeps being good. All the ages are good, even when they don’t feel so good.

4. says:

February 6, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I loved the comment about your daughter reaching the light switch and reaching the faucet without anyone noticing. I feel the same way about my 2nd! Great post.

Comments are closed.